When you are renovating or decorating your house, most difficult job is to design the kids room. Because they are not simple like adults who have a particular taste, interest, etc. Sometimes kids want to keep things simple, and they do not like to add more colors. They want decent or elegant setup. On the contrary, the kids are the exact opposite of adults. They want things that are attractive, playful, new, innovative and creative. Also whether you like it or not you have to fulfill their demands. Because after all, they are your kids and you cannot deny them or stood them. You know going against them is like initiating world war in your homes, and nobody wants that in their homes. That means you have to come up with ideas that are out of the box and not only that they can stun your kids. You have to make your creativity beyond kids creativity, and there is no need panic for this issue. Because if the kids are demanding, they are quite straightforward and innocent too. To decorate the children’s room you do not have to get things from expensive shops, nor you have to buy most delicate, expensive decorative item only to embellish the single corner of your home. Here are some easy, cheap but as well creative and innovative ways to win this, like
- One approach is to use paint, to add some color in the kid’s room. Usually blue for boys and pink for girls. You can paint the entire room of the same color, or you can add color textures to one or two walls.
- If you add color to walls, then keep the furniture simple like in white, pearl white or ivory colored items.
- Also, kids want more space in their rooms. It is better to maintain the furniture minimal so that they can have more space for their activities.
- If your kid is an art lover, then paint one wall in light colors like sky blue or even white so that he or she can use it as their canvas. This will give the room the not only the painting it needed to enhance its beauty but also, as the paint is wiped able this will never make you bored of the same painting.
- In furniture, you can add beds other than the typically shaped beds. Go for the innovative ones like in the shape of a car, or for bunk beds a bus. This will be multipurpose they can sleep and play as well.
- Instead of adding colors on the walls, you can go with wallpapers in the kids’ room but choose simpler wallpapers with stars or with numbers on it.
- Another way is to add shelves in the room and put books on it in different colors or also when you buy articles for kids try to buy the ones that are in various toys shape. This way they can fulfill both of their primary and decorative function.
- One way is to keep the walls plain and add furniture in colors like blue, red, etc. keep the surroundings monotone and add color through different articles like beds, study area, bean bags
- Also, you can add numbers or letters on the wall so that kids can learn as well.
- You can paint one wall in any of your kid’s favorite storybook title or scene etc.
- Make a play corner in the room, provide them with toys like a castle where they can transform their creative skills into reality.
Decorating kids room is not difficult; it is just about how well you know and understand your kid’s needs and demands. Believe it or not, just understand this simple equation and apply it to your kids’ room. Your child will feel like the happiest kid on earth.